24 April 2009

Recent times

I am sure you will have noticed that posting has been light on here the last few weeks and I thought it might be interesting to talk a little about what I have been doing.

I have spent most of my spare time working on JSquared. The code base is coming on nicely now. I have completely re-written some parts of it even since the latest release and I am getting close to being code complete for the next version. Some more demos will come soon as well, but you can get more information on that over on the JSquared blog over the coming week or two.

Recently I have achieved the status of Certified Scrum Master. This is something about which I am very excited. I believe that Agile with Scrum is a fantastic engineering process. I have seen it in action myself whilst I worked at LBi and I am actively looking to assist Betfair in making the transition to this process. It can be painful and without doubt we are not yet getting it right, but with time, I am sure we will.

Now that I am officially certified, I feel more able to push things forward with Betfair and I have gained a great understanding of the process. I even think that I might bring some of the principles to my "normal" life, though I am not sure my wife will like a daily scrum meeting!

Hopefully I should be able to work on some more exciting things over the coming months than in the last few and I will be sure to blog about any and all the exciting happenings in the world of Betfair. For now, it seems I am far more an observer than participant in this great interface development world in which I live and work.

No comments: